|Phoenix Expeditions Limited, a company registered in England no. 3407845
registered office 35 Granby Street, Loughborough, Leics. LE11 3DU
referred to as 'Phoenix' accepts
bookings subject to the following conditions:-
1) A non-refundable deposit of £150 per person (or equivalent for non U.K. residents) must be paid at the time of booking and is accepted by Phoenix in part payment of the tour price.
2) The balance of the tour price is due not later than 8 weeks (12 weeks in the case of The Rift Valley Expedition) before the date of departure. If the full payment is not received 8 weeks (or 12 weeks) prior to departure, Phoenix may deem the booking to be cancelled and the deposit forfeited. The local kitty payment must be paid in pounds sterling cash to the tour leader on the day of departure unless other arrangements are agreed by Phoenix and confirmed in writing.
3) Cancellation of a booking must be notified in writing and when received by Phoenix the deposit is forfeited. In addition cancellation charges will be levied to cover expenses and losses according to the following scale:-
- Less than 8 weeks notice - 50% of tour price
- Less than 4 weeks notice - 75% of tour price
- Less than 2 weeks notice or after departure - 100% of tour price
Clients are therefore recommended to arrange travel insurance immediately on booking as this will provide cover for these charges in the event of cancellation for the reasons specified by their insurance.
A request by a client to alter a booking to another tour may be treated, at the entire discretion of Phoenix, either as a cancellation and re-booking or as a transfer to the other tour. In the latter case no monies will be refunded and if the booking is subsequently cancelled by the client, charges will be levied in accordance with this clause by reference to the original departure date.
4) Phoenix guarantees not to increase its tour prices after confirmation of a booking. However local kitty payments are based on estimates of costs at the time of preparation of the brochure and occasionally price increases in Africa or currency fluctuations may make it necessary to vary the payment prior to departure or to request an additional contribution en route. Any increase will not exceed 25% of the published local kitty payment.
5) If a client fails to join a tour or joins it after departure or leaves it before the end, no refund will be made. No refund will be made in respect of any part of the tour including food, excursions, local kitty payment, etc. that is not used or undertaken. Clients are solely responsible for organising their arrival at and departure from the assembly points and no arrangements apply if clients are delayed at the outward or homeward points of departure.
6) Phoenix reserves the right to cancel any tour at any time prior to departure in which case all monies paid will be refunded in full but Phoenix will not be liable for any other expenses incurred by the client. All tours operate subject to minimum numbers but except in the case of exceptional circumstances beyond its control, Phoenix will not cancel tours less than 4 weeks prior to departure.
7) The client undertakes:-
a) to comply with the laws and regulations, whether in respect of health, immigration, exchange control or any other matter, of all the countries visited in the course of a tour:
b) to comply with all reasonable instructions of the tour leader;
c) to obtain a valid passport and visas appropriate for the countries and territories to be visited;
d) to obtain personal travel insurance for the duration of the tour including minimum cover of £200,000 for medical and repatriation expenses;
In the event of any breach of these undertakings, or if in his reasonable opinion the actions or health of any client is likely to prejudice the safety and well being of all or any members of the tour or the satisfactory progress of the tour, the tour leader shall be entitled to require the client to leave the tour immediately. In such an event the provisions of clause 5 and 13 shall have effect.
8) Phoenix reserves the right to deviate from the published route without prior notice or to make other changes to the advertised details of the tour including schedules, excursions, accommodation and amenities due to events which affect the ability of the tour to proceed as planned. These events may include, but are not limited to, sickness or injury of clients or crew, local disturbances, border difficulties, unavoidable mechanical breakdown, excessive and/or unreasonable local price changes, adverse weather conditions and other unpredictable or unforeseen circumstances.
9) If a client has a problem or complaint during a tour he should inform the tour leader or relevant supplier who will endeavour to resolve matters. If any complaint cannot be resolved locally, the client should write to Phoenix with full details within 28 days of completion of the tour.
10) Neither Phoenix nor its employees, agents, staff or other clients shall be liable for damage, loss or personal injury whether or not caused or contributed to by the actions or omissions of Phoenix, its employees, agents, staff or other clients.
11) Without prejudice to the generality of the preceding clause, the client acknowledges that the tours operated by Phoenix involve travel of an adventurous and possibly hazardous nature, and further that tour vehicles may not have the benefit of passenger insurance. The client therefore agrees to indemnify Phoenix, its employees, agents, staff and other clients against any claim or demand made against them:-
a) by the client, his personal representatives or dependants in respect of any accident, personal injury or loss of life suffered by the client during the course of the tour whether caused by the negligence of any party therein concerned or otherwise.
b) in respect of any accident, personal injury, loss of life or damage to property caused by the client during the course of the tour.
Clients are therefore advised that they should ensure that they are satisfied that they are adequately covered by personal insurance in respect of all such risks.
12) Phoenix shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage, personal possessions, passports and other documents or any consequential loss resulting therefrom, and its staff are not authorised to accept responsibility for their safekeeping.
13) In the event of the client voluntarily leaving the tour before the completion hereof or being so required to leave by the tour leader on any of the grounds set out in clause 7, all liability and responsibitity that Phoenix may bear to the client will immediately cease.
14) In accordance with the 1992 Package Travel Regulations, all monies paid to Phoenix will be held in a separate trustee account as security against insolvency until completion of the tour to which they relate.
Phoenix Expeditions Ltd
College Farm, Far Street
Leicestershire LE12 6TZ
|(+44) 01509 881818
(+44) 01509 881822